Sunday, March 27, 2011

Time . . .

So a week ago Saturday I took off my watch and didn't put it back on until the following Saturday. I had no cell phone signal so I turned the phone off for a week. I had no Internet access (by choice) and the only satellite t.v. I had access to was repeats of old shows, MSNBC business coverage, the BBC and Fox News (hell no), so I didn't really watch t.v. for a week. There were clocks all around. Since they were all different, I don't think any of them had the correct time. They each had signs underneath. Click on the pictures to see them.













4 comments:

Larena said...

love it !
I actually loooked at a clock like those and knew what time it was with out counting .... brain is working again !!!

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

Exactly how it should be on vacation :)

Tell me, where did you guys go? Was it a caribbean cruise, an alaskan cruise?? What kind of fabulous holiday did you have?

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Missed 'seeing' you around, love love love that it was due to such a great reason :)

Libellule said...

I, too, love it! And, it would be so great to live like this in daily life!

I lived and worked in Brazil for 5 months. I don't think anyone wore a watch, and if they did: it definitely didn't change their calm, "take their time" way of life. Time is circular there: you eventually get to where you need to be but it's what you do, and how you do it with whom along the way that matters! ... a lesson I will never forget!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Where were you that you did not have all the usual amenities? Wherever it was--it must have been WONDERFUL! I remember being in St. Thomas one year--before computers---But, no TV, a phone in the room, but we didn't know anyone there....It Was GLORIOUS!!! No sense of time because there was no schedule....it was such BLISS!

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo