Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I must have been lazy in a previous lifetime and am making up for it inthis lifetime.

What a long, slow process cleaning and decluttering can be.  So how long ago did I clean out the attic so a new roof could be put on?  Oh yeah, last May, almost five months later, and I'm still dealing with the repercussions of that event.  When I emptied the attic, stuff went into my son's room and our sunroom downstairs.  We just had the second, of two massive, multi-family yards sales to sell the stuff that was in the attic.  So now that the attic clutter was out of the sunroom, I could tackle the other clutter that was already in the sunroom before we added all the a stuff from the attic.  That clutter was golf stuff, yoga stuff, sewing, craft, tools, office papers, and all sorts of other things.  I didn't think to take a before picture, but that is just about done, and it has been exhausting.  It turned into more than just cleaning.  We hauled all M's band equipment up to the attic, because the band is no more since 2 players moved to California.  We also hauled my sewing machine, table, and all my fabric and craft supplies to the attic.



Next I had to move junk and furniture out of the room so I could clean all the windows, wash and polish all the wood trim.  I next noticed all the walls were scuffed up, chipped, and dented from guys hauling band equipment in and out over the years, so I touched up the paint around the room.  It wasn't easy matching a faded, 9 year old paint job, but we got so close that it's not that noticeable.  Then I ended up hauling all the furniture back and forth between the living room and sunroom, mixing and matching the furniture until everything fit.  I was beyond exhausted. All this is going on in the midst of still teaching and grading, plus I've been getting ready to take a really fast weekend trip up to NY to see family.  Then as soon as we get back, another sister is coming to see me.  Then the following weekend we're flying to Miami to see the Green Bay Packers play.  Then when we return from that trip, we will have workers in here to gut the upstairs bathroom, because we just don't have enough chaos in our lives.  Below are the pictures of our cleaned up sunroom.  It only looked close to this, briefly, in 2005 when we first moved into this house.  For 8 of our 9 years in this house it has been the band room and junk room.  I feel like I can breathe in this room because all the clutter is gone.  I can't even remember the last time you could see the floor.  Ahhh.






No comments:

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo