Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow days



For the last three weeks, we have had at least one snow day each week, sometimes more, and/or a delayed opening.  The public schools have closed for an entire week or most of the week for the past three weeks.  Needless to say, there are a lot of angry parents.  It's not really that the weather has been consistently bad or dangerous, there were a few days, but not enough to justify the continuous closings.  It feels like people just don't want to go out in it and are jumping to closings when they're not really necessary.  

In other news, my best friend was correct about the paint color of our house, we were indeed able to find our house in a snowstorm.  We thought it looked lovely.  How's winter treating you?

3 comments:

CyberKitten said...

The house looks great - though I wouldn't want to be out in that weather.

Beautiful blue skies here today. A little nippy but not bad. Just getting over a bad cold (4 days off work) but now have an actual leave day and the weekend to enjoy.

Hope that you're feeling much better.

VV said...

Sorry to hear about the cold. Must have been bad to stay home four days. Glad you're getting better in time to enjoy the weekend. My hives still have not gone away. I'm hoping my blood work is back when I call the doctor today.

CyberKitten said...

Much better than last year when I had 2 weeks off with flu. Not nice and quite worrying at times.

4 days off work wasn't too bad - except I should be there sorting out an important job coming up. At least between sneezing and sleeping I'm reading a really good book.

Good luck with your doctor!

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo