Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Trying to find a new normal

I spent so many weeks de-cluttering, cleaning, packing, organizing, just to be ready for the big move.  Then we get to our new home and I begin unpacking furiously, moving furniture, getting new drivers' licenses, insurance, organizing our new place, only to stop everything abruptly to go on a previously scheduled family vacation.  Now I'm back home, still unpacking, meeting with fence companies, shopping for supplies, random furniture pieces, and I need to find all the cords to our desktop computer so I can finish prepping for an on-line class I'm doing for the Fall, get out a letter of recommendation, and resumes for the continued job hunt.  The dog is back from a two week dog training camp, and I still don't have my head on straight.  Every day I write a list for things that need to be done, work my way through most of the items on the list, then the next morning I start the process all over again.  I want to just sit and do nothing, but I don't know how long I'll have, to get everything organized before I go back to work, so I push through, try to get everything organized and done before the luxury of time is taken away from me.  Here's a quick tranquility break, pictures from our recent trip to Maine, then back to work!














































4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It all sounds exhausting to me....but in another way, very exciting! So much to do----you have to be worn out. Glad you got a bit of a break with a trip to Maine.....Good Luck with everything, my dear---especially the job hunt.

CyberKitten said...

What a beautiful place... You're really going to love it there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've trouble with daily stuff, I would be unable to handle all that your doing right. am afraid those boxes would sit, and sit some more, :) Do not put too much pressure on your self, as there is no need to have a time clock.
Love you!

Karlo said...

Very nice. I have a friend in Maine. At some point, I need to go see that part of the country.

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo