Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Lake Ontario


I've taken to strolling the shores of Lake Ontario lately.  I like that it's no longer tourist season so the dog and I can have the beaches to ourselves.


I enjoy the solitude.  I could see me retiring on a rocky northern beach somewhere, away from people.


I'm fortunate that I have this big, aggressive beast, so that I can safely wander without fear.



This particular part of Lake Ontario is adjacent to old Fort Niagara, scene of battles during both the Revolutionary and 1812 wars.


This beach has the most beautiful rocks I've seen on any beach.  Someone told me they were glacier rocks.  I don't know if that's true, because I know nothing about rocks, other than I enjoy their beauty.


In addition to the rocks, there are pieces of old bricks, worn down by the water over the last century or so, sea glass, bits of pottery, and shells.


Here's a bit of the beach with lots of shells and tiny pebbles.


Some of the rocks are quite large and smooth,


and they lie wherever the waves push them in all their blue, lavender, and gray splendor.  I find peace here in this isolated spot just a thirty minute drive from my home.  I am fortunate to have a place like this so close.











No comments:

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo