Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day I'm listening to Celtic music in my office today. Okay, so I listen to Celtic music a lot of days in my office, not just today, but still...

So right now I'm listening to the album: Celtic Women in Music & Song: Her Infinite Variety. My favorite song on this double album is Sileas - Puirt a Beul. I found a video clip of two sisters singing it on YouTube:


Here's what it actually sounds like on the album.



I just remembered while listening to "Joe Ryan's Barn Dance" that my kids used to called my Irish music, the "Diddley diddley music" when they were little. Apropos.

M has the corned beef cooking in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Yum! I'm wearing a festive green blazer today and M is hoping for a bit of the Irish luck today as she plays on the green, her first golf game since last Fall. It's been a cold, wet winter. Hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

Larena said...

Had a lovely drive in the foothills today
I Love every poem you ever wrote, didn't always understand them but I do Love them.

VV said...

You're a better friend than I ever deserved. :-)

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo