Sunday, December 26, 2010

It's Snowing....

Hope you all had a great Christmas. My kids were here, and Min made ornaments for us. She taught herself how to do wood burning. As you would know if I'd gotten a picture of the Christmas cookies I tried to decorate, that Min is the one who inherited the artistic talent in the family, but not from me.







































The snow here started lightly last night and has been coming down steadily all day. I know we're over 8 inches now and I don't know when it will stop. M has gone out and shoveled the walks twice so far. I shoveled off our flat roof. We pulled out the generator and got the power lines ready in case the power goes off. M is prepared to watch her Packers game today no matter what. Hope you're staying warm and have plenty to keep you occupied.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What wonderful Ornaments those are! I always admired those who could do Wood Burning--It certainly is an ART all unto itself!
I hope the snow won;t be too crippling, my dear...How you all manage these winters is a miracle to me!
Wishing you and yours a Very Happy New Year...May it be a year filled with Good Health and much Happiness!

La Cremiere said...

lovely carvings your Min did - it's incredible talent.

CyberKitten said...

What little snow we had - about an inch, maybe two - has been washed away by the rain today. Temperatures are expected to be above freezing for the rest of the week so it's likely that we won't be geting any more snow for a while.

Hope the power stays on for you!

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo