Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mindy's birthday cake

My daughter recently celebrated her 22nd birthday with us. She made her own cake and brought it home with her.



She's been practicing making cakes and covering them with fondant and making sculptures out of fondant to go on top of the cake.




On this cake she decided to try making a horse jumping out of a cake. Okay, so he's more likely climbing out of it, but I thought it was cute anyway.



Here's the lovely, Min.
















This shot is posted specifically for Marilyn. Hard to believe I was ever Min's size, but you know we both have the pictures to prove it. So I took all the previous shots with my new camera, nice but nothing special. So Min takes my camera to the horse farm to take pictures, and voila, you have a clear demonstration of the difference between amateur shots and great shots when you actually know what you're doing. Oh well, I guess I just keep trying.


I love the snippets of daily life she caught.






















I love the richness of colors, see that Granny Smith apple and how the background looks purple?











How many of us could just stick the camera in front of us, click it and have a shot as awesome as she took with her blue shirt and the reflection in her sunglasses? I think I might have to hire her to give me lessons.

Okay, going on Spring Break for a week, I'll visit with you all when I return.

9 comments:

CyberKitten said...

Cool cake.

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

I love the cake :)

Your daughter is a very talented young lady! And beautiful too!!

Too bad you don't live closer, looking for a wedding cake decorator for next year, lol.

Michelle

Larena said...

Min did a great job on the cake hope it tasted as good as it looked! and her pictures are fun but you can do it too ! just go play with the settings you will get there Promise !
enjoy your break !

tweetey30 said...

yes enjoy your vacation and dont show kora that cake for next year.. yikes.. i will have a fight on my hands.. that kid of mine loves horses too...

you have a wonderful daughter and I hope she had a wonderful b-day.. you are blessed with two amazing children.. even they are adults now.. but still they are amazing in there own ways..

Libellule said...

artistic daughter! Her cake looks decadent! and the shots are just gorgeous! My two favorites are the saddle and the close-up of the horse's nose.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL and so is the Cake she made...I think it is Fantastic!!!

And yes, her pictures are so very 'Artful'. You can see from her Cake and her pictures, she has the "Artists" eye!

Hope you are having a wonderful break.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL and so is the Cake she made...I think it is Fantastic!!!

And yes, her pictures are so very 'Artful'. You can see from her Cake and her pictures, she has the "Artists" eye!

Hope you are having a wonderful break.

Larena said...

Hey tell Min I love her tree of life necklace ! Mine is oval I got it in Rehobeth !

sonia a. mascaro said...

Happy Birthday!
Your daughter is very beautiful and the cake looks delicious!

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo