Friday, May 24, 2013

Stir crazy

So I'm sitting here on my butt recovering from surgery.  I'm feeling fine by the way, but I have strict orders not to lift anything over ten pounds for six weeks.  This is frustrating for me because I've got things I want to do around the house, and nobody is home to help me, because M and B are at work.  I did get B to remove all the pollen laden furniture off the front porch this morning so I could hose everything down.  Now I have a clean porch, but all my furniture is sitting in the side yard because B didn't have time to put it back before he had to leave for work.  I'm finding myself sitting here looking at things and wondering, "is that less than ten pounds, can I lift it, move it, clean it, paint it?" This is going to be a long six weeks.





5 comments:

CyberKitten said...

Don't look at it as a problem - but as an opportunity. Your Doctor has effectively told you to sit down, relax and catch up on your reading!

Isn't that what you wanted to do?

[grin]

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, do be very careful...You obviously need to take good Post-Op care....It might give you the opportunity to do some things that don't require lifting but that will be just as satisfying....Heal Well, my dear....!

Vancouver Voyeur said...

Ck, you're absolutely right, and I have been reading _The Hunger Games_ as well as a book on the 1918-1919 Flu Pandemic. But I am not one to sit around, so I get antsy to move and accomplish something. Who knew it would be so hard to relax? :-)

Naomi, I have made some jewelry while sitting around and have contemplated taking up crocheting. I used to do lots of crafts when the kids were little and napping and I had to be quiet. I need to rediscover those hobbies.

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

Hope all is well and to a fast recovery my friend. hope it wasnt anything terrible. yes relax and pick back up on thos hobbies. they come in handy when you need a moment of peace.

William Stachour said...

Love the porch! Hope your recovery went well. I find, like with CK's blog, that your blog will not refresh with my new feedreader. I have it subscribed, but I see looking back that nothing new ever appears (despite your having a bunch of posts I missed). So I get to do my updating the old-fashioned way!

Lake Ontario

I've taken to strolling the shores of Lake Ontario lately.  I like that it's no longer tourist season so the dog and I can have the ...