Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Slow process


Work continues on the house.  We've put new screens back up on the front porch.  We're waiting for estimates on the trim moulding for the porch.  We're also waiting on an estimate to take down another tree and grind a half dozen stumps.  Once we know how much we're in for with the tree guy, then we will know when we can afford to have another guy install new windows in the basement.  

In the mean time I've been looking at metal artwork to go on the front of the house on the second floor between the two windows.  We really like it when we have the wreath up there during the Christmas holiday season and decided we wanted something there the rest of the year as well.  After looking at hundreds of pieces and trying to agree on the same thing, we decided to put a compass rose up there.  Here's the one we plan to use.  It will be black and almost as large as the wreath.


I've also been looking at black window flower boxes for the side of the house because it's all blue with white trim and there are no shutters on that side.  While at a yard sale last Saturday I stumbled upon 3 tiny flower boxes that will fit perfectly on the tiny window on the side of the chimney, and it's twin on the other side of the house.  Here are the boxes I have so far.


Because I can't have any down time (I'm incapable of sitting still) I'm also cleaning out my son's room to make it habitable for family visiting next week.  I've picked 15 pounds of blueberries and frozen them, and now I'm in the process of painting rugs on the front porch.  I will do a separate post on that, here are pictures to give you an idea of what painted rugs look like.  









2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You are as busy as a Bee....! It all looks wonderful.

I thought I would hear from you this A.M. (Wednesday)----But here is a major suggestion. The PBS Series EYES ON THE PRIZE is the Best TV coverage of the Civil Rights Movement I've ever seen.....It's a Masterpiece!
There are many other sources of First Hand information, too....It's a matter of Googling them.

VV said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I got side-tracked with home projects and haven't started working on the class yet. It's been taking me longer to get things cleaned up and back together than I anticipated. I have seen Eyes on the Prize, but it's been a while. I should probably watch it again. I will call in Sunday night to see if I have jury duty Monday, if I don't have jury duty, can I call you Monday? I will e-mail you Sunday night to confirm. Again, I am so sorry I forgot. Too much to do, not enough brain cells to stay on top of it all.

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo