Monday, September 14, 2015

All good things . . .

 I had an awesome visit with my son, daughter, and her fiance.  Plus my niece and her two children came up for an overnight.  We spent a day in Canada (despite the pouring rain) and did the boat ride up to Niagara Falls, took the incline railcar, had a fabulous lunch, hiked around, and then the next day we did the U.S. side of the Falls, a lot more hiking, and had lots of fun talking over meals at the kitchen table and sharing laughs. 

After they left today, I walked back in the house, saw all the empty chairs in the kitchen that we squeezed around the little round table.  We have a huge dining room table that we all could have eaten around, but chose to squeeze 6 adults and 2 kids around a table meant for 4.  We made good memories, but the sight of all those empty chairs seemed too abrupt for my heart, so I turned around immediately, grabbed the dog and went to take him for a run.  I'd deal with the empty, quiet house, and these emotions later.

1 comment:

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

sounds like fun. its great to make new memories. My dad and his girl friend are coming to visit on friday. I don't know how to feel about it really. But anyway glad you had fun and got to make new memories with everyone.

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo