Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Betty White on Saturday Night Live


Betty White

So hopefully you saw my recent post about my favorite Super Bowl Commercial featuring Betty White. Blog Post

Apparently that commercial sparked a lovefest for Betty. People were reminded that she is such an enduring and endearing character and has been a part of the American cultural scene for so long, that we cherish her and want to see more of her.


Following on that thought, someone thought about other jobs or roles Betty could fill. One was as a Host for the NBC series "Saturday Night Live." Well, that sparked a lot of discussion. CNN Story

It also sparked a movement to get Betty a host job at SNL. Now there's a Facebook "friending"/petition afoot in an attempt to get Lorne Michaels attention and get Betty on SNL. Facebook Petition

Reports are that Betty isn't taking it seriously, but that Lorne Michaels is keeping track of the numbers on Facebook to see how many people want to see Betty on SNL. Well I for one want to see Betty on SNL. If you do too, please add your name to the Facebook list or send Lorne Michaels an e-mail (below) and ask him to put her on as Host. Who knows how much longer she'll be around, and she has such great comedic timing and willingness to do just about anything, that I think she'd be a massive hit for the show and get viewers to tune in again. I'd stay up late to see Betty on SNL. Huffington Post article

Contact NBC SNL

4 comments:

M said...

Go Betty!

tweetey30 said...

That is great... Nice idea.. She was playing a small role on Bold and the Beautiful but supposedly had cancer on there... She was playing sick... I dont think she is really sick just acting..

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I think this is a wonderfuk idea! And Betty White would be a better Host/Hostess than half the people who do SNL. She is still sharp as a tack!
Did you see her at The SAG Awards? She was GREAT! She received the Lifetime Achievement Award and so well deserved! Her speech was touching and very very funny, too!
I am not on Facebook but I certainly can make my voice heard other ways.....

VV said...

Hi Naomi, yes, I saw her and thought she was great too. I don't do Facebook either so I sent an e-mail to Lorne Michaels via the NBC website.

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo