I am trying so hard to get this room finished before summer, because that will be one year since I started. So, work aside, a noro-virus, an out-of-town trip and all day with a plumber later, I'm finally back to work on the room. I've borrowed a sander from a friend and have started stripping the floor.
I tried to scrap up the paint splotches but that didn't work. There was paint down in the grain of the wood that I couldn't get to with a scraper. Next I thought I would just stain over the paint splotches, but stain doesn't cover paint, so I had no choice but to sand the whole floor. I'll post another picture once I get the stain on.