Saturday, March 17, 2012

So busy, so busy

I can't seem to slow down long enough to blog or pick up the messes around my house. I've been finishing up grading so I could enjoy my Spring Break that runs all through next week. Yahoo! I've been painting, priming, and re-painting the built-in cabinets in Min's room that I put on hold last summer when all the guests came visiting. My goal is to get the floor stripped and refinished over Spring Break. I will post pictures when I'm done. We've been going to dinners, parties, and events both in the community and on campus almost every night. We got to see the Alvin Ailey dance troupe, we listened to the Ambassador from Estonia on another night, we had a lovely dinner with a table full of doctors at another event. Last night we had marvelous Caribbean food and conversation at a friend's house. Tomorrow we're going to a baby shower, thus the picture here of the basket of baby gifts I assembled. Later next week we're going up to NYC to take in a play, the sites, and hopefully to meet Trish from Menopausal Stoners. So that's just a little of what's been occupying my time. Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day. The house smells amazing right now because M has been cooking a traditional corned beef meal for us. Yum! Wish you were here.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wish I was there, too!
What play are you going yo see in NYC? It sounds like you are having a WONDERFUL time these days...Lots of 'socializing', which is always great!

FYI: I have not sen "Alcatraz"....I don't even know when it'd on or what station...! I'll try to look it up.

VV said...

Going to see Porgy and Bess. Hard to believe, it's been around so long and I've never seen it. We're also going to go to some fancy restaurant, can't remember the name. It's supposed to be like #4 in the U.S. and #24 in the world. Who ranks these things anyway? Alcatraz is on the Fox network. I can't remember which night it's on.

Larena said...

give Trish a hug for me she picks me up and makes me laugh/cry/angry and I love her writing ! be safe have fun and take pictures !

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo