Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

 I've been too busy lately.  How many times have you heard me say that? 

M has been insisting, for oh, about 3 years, that I fix the gargoyle and get it back up on the roof. 

I've had best intentions year after year, but never got around to it. 

This year I did it, with the help of a friend.  The poor gargoyle had been chewed really badly by mice.  Add to that, the chicken wire he was formed with was starting to fall apart. 

His neck, both wings and a leg were broken.  I would need to strip him down to the wires and re-build him.  That is not a quick or easy task, thus me putting it off for years.

So this year I re-wired his broken appendages and put a piece of PVC pipe in his neck to reinforce the chicken wire.  The problem is that chicken wire isn't that sturdy and once you add on layers of newspaper, plaster and paint, the form starts to sag.  
Well, I did most of the work, but a friend spent a couple hours with me last weekend and helped plaster half his body, so that lightened the workload, and now the gargoyle is back on his perch on the porch roof, complete with glowing eyes and mouth, just in time to scare little children for Halloween.  Happy Halloween!


CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo