Sunday, October 11, 2009

Trying to Play Catch-up

Okay, so Baconfest came and went and I didn't do a post. My batteries ran out in my camera and because the event got so large this year (over 50 attendees and 34 submissions) it was held outdoors and my camera phone couldn't get good pictures in the twilight and dark. :-(

So this weekend we made a fast run up to NY to see my sister, P, and to eat spiedies and doughnuts (of course). We also hiked Watkins Glen and I'll have great pictures to share after I get through grading 105 essays and 420 IDs from the exam I gave last week. *sigh* You can run away for the weekend but all that work will be waiting for you when you return. Hey, what do you think of this pic? I took it in Watkins Glen. It had been misting and raining for the early morning but cleared up while we were hiking. I thought the water and colors were so vibrant!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, but it too, was COLD...BURR....Now back to work with ya....Sure hope Bobby did not get in t. for Phone call. Did you end up freezing on SAT? or did you find electric blanket? We also had to scrape windshield this am.
Talk soon
P

VV said...

Actually, we must have been in a warm pocket. While temps dipped to 35 or thereabouts everyplace else, where we were only got as low as 41 and I believe it was 46 when we got up at 6 a.m. to begin packing up. We stayed nice and warm.

tweetey30 said...

Its that terrible S word here we all hate here in WI.. LOL.. Well ok its still misting here but north of us going towards MN its snowing.. UGH I said it.. I should say I spelled it.. LOL..

VV said...

Tweets, yeah, M's sister called us this weekend to report snow in Madison, WI. Yikes!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A BEAUTIFUL picture, my dear...And it shows that the leaves are turning....!
Too bad about the Baconfest and your Camera..I was looking forward to the different concotions that people made...lol! Question: Was it as good as the CranCakes Festival?

VV said...

OL, Baconfest was great, with even more elaborate recipes such as Bacon Baklava and this year's first ever bacon sculpture dish - Baconhenge made to look like Stonehenge. This was not the year to have the camera go on the blink. Oh well. *sigh*

maeve said...

Missed you again!! lol ... great picture!!! Look forward to seeing the remainder!! Going to an Octoberfest at Quaker lake tomorrow, hope the weather holds out!!

CyberKitten said...

Now that is a *great* photograph [looks envious]

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo