Sunday, September 19, 2010

With Six You Get Eggroll (1968)

I just finished watching With Six You Get Eggroll, starring Doris Day, and Brian Keith in the lead roles. I turned the t.v. to the Turner Classic Movies channel while grading to have some sound in the background without getting distracted. Okay, so that didn't work.

This movie is about a widow and her 3 sons, plus a widower and his daughter. It's a Brady Bunch, Yours, Mine, Ours storyline of two people trying to blend their families and the ridiculous situations that come of that before they all unite as a family. It was very predictable and okay as character development goes, it probably wouldn't have been so distracting had I not kept noticing actors in the movie who later went on to greater roles.

First I saw a very young George Carlin, in his first ever movie role. He played a very sarcastic car hop at the drive in.













Next I saw Jamie Farr playing a flower child hippie. Remember Farr as Klinger on M.A.S.H.?






Just as quickly as I recognized Farr, I next saw William Christopher (Father Mulcahey from M.A.S.H.) standing right next to him.




Next up was character actor, Allan Melvin, in the role of a police officer (He would later play Sam the Butcher from The Brady Bunch and Barney Heffner in All In The Family).







Next up was Vic Tayback (owner of Mel's Diner in the series Alice) playing a disgruntled truck driver.










Alice Ghostley was in there playing the housekeeper. Since Bewitched began in 1964 and this movie was shot in 1968, I guess she was already starring in Bewitched as the addle-brained Esmeralda.




Then the last one that I just couldn't place while the movie was running, was a very young Barbara Hershey playing the teenaged daughter of Brian Keith's character. All in all, an enjoyable enough movie, but don't have it playing in the background if you don't have time to be distracted.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is always fun to see some of the people who later had a higher profile. Television really did that for a lot iof people's careers, and still does, I guess....

Larena said...

sometimes we just need to be distracted ! Hope you got your grading done...

tweetey30 said...

Yes hope you got the grading done and not to much tv watching.. i am up still because i slept till 3 PM thinking I had to work tonight but got a call right before I rolled out of bed saying I didnt.. so now Jeff and girls are in bed sleeping and I am up cleaning house and maybe before retiring again myself I may watch Born Free again before sending it back.. I rather enjoy that one but it was hard to see again with two little girls commenting on every single scene or word said.LOL. Sometime I hate watching tv with them.

Ps damned word verfication..lol..I copied and pasted my last comment where i knewe what i wrote..

CK, here’s the tattoo

  From sketch to transfer to tattoo