I can scarcely believe that I'm THIS close to being done with B's room. Here are the shots from the various angles. Feel free to click on the pictures to see all the dragons.
Gone is all the little boy stuff, and what remains are the things he still likes the best. I've got all his favorite books on the nightstand shelves next to the bed, and I've put all his dragons and knights in various spots around the room. If you look closely in the next picture, over top the window, there are tiny little silver things up there. Those are his pewter Vikings. I love putting little things in odd places. I find it's more interesting when looking around a room.
The only thing left I need to do is hang two pictures on the walls over the bed and beside the bed. I had a photo I took of an old sailing ship from Baltimore harbor blown up to go over the bed. I also took a photo of tug boats at Fells Point and that will go beside the bed. It's to subtly keep with the nautical stripes I've got going on in the curtains and bedding.
Now on to the last room, our room, the room that started this whole summer of musical bedrooms. So all our furniture went into B's room. You can tell from the previous pictures that it was a lovely antique bedroom set. Modern black furniture will now be going in our room. It's all because of a set of lamps that I got for M 3 years ago for our anniversary. NOTHING matched those dang lamps. We had to get new furniture, new bedding, and I'll be putting a new color on the walls. I'll show you pictures of it all in another post, but suffice it to say, the lamps were kinda Art Deco, with silver and crystal, with satin burgundy shades. What a headache it's all been! So in this first shot you will notice a pale section of wall. There used to be an exposed chimney there. Very romantic, not at all practical, very hot in summer, very cold and drafty in winter. A couple years back M's brother sheetrocked the area for us and it's been sitting naked and unpainted ever since, just waiting for this makeover.
So the next step in this room is to finish clearing it out, clean it, and then begin stripping wall paper, if we can. We're pretty sure one wall is sheetrock, but suspect at least 2 of the other 3 walls are plaster and there's no good way of stripping wallpaper from crumbling old plaster. We may end up using drywall patch on the seams of the wallpaper and painting over it if the walls prove to be plastered. Now, you can't really tell in this shot, but yes, just as the entire downstairs was, this bedroom was also countrified! I think this was her ode to the stars and stripes.
Here, look closer. This is what we have been living with for 5 years. The stars aren't so bad, but the plaid wall can be optically blinding in the right light. So, back to work yet again for me.
Hopefully I'll be done within a week and will have the whole room finished. I've already gotten a number of the items for the room and they are elegant and gorgeous! I can't wait until it's all done!